Monday, January 19, 2009

10-17-08 Shanghai, China

Oh Din Tai Fung, how I miss thee. Since I had been going to the same Din Tai Fung almost daily in Xin Tian Di, the management execute a smarted cross promotional maneuver and gave me some coupons for the new Din Tai Fung they opened across town. Well what do you know? After lunch at Jessie Restaurant (classic Shanghainese food), we headed across town and 3 hours later, low and beyond, I had a few coupons for a quick and cheap snack! I guess I do not remember much from this day. Oh yeah, we spent a lot of time shopping in the cheap tourist shopping district. We bought some fake designer stuff. Quite interesting, they pull you from a manicured tourist experience into the underbellies of the pu tong. In someone's living room there's a false wall and upon one tap a wall of fake Louis Vuitton and Gucci mastery for sale becomes alive.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: